With all the holiday yummies still presenting themselves as taste temptations - I've found myself not making progress on shedding the last of the pounds I packed on to keep our most recent baby snug and comfy while on his nine month ride to birth. He arrive in July so it's high time the baby bump got ironed out - lest it begin to arise suspicion that I'm pregnant once more. (A good friend once told me that it's news when I'm not pregnant.)
So, here's my plan... I bought a set of bangles off the after clearance Christmas rack. I've now decorated my wrist with the clangy jewelry. With each pound I shed, I may also shed the increasingly annoying reminder that I had that weight to lose. If you're intrigued, here's my self imposed rules:
- The bangles stay on 24/7 no matter how they clash with the outfit I've wrangled onto my body.
- The bangles represent pounds above my goal weight and to remove a bangle, I have the scale verify the pound is missing for at least three consecutive days - as my weight fluctuates.
- Only healthy choices allowed, no skipping meals or leaving out protein.
Since my family knows of my crazy scheme, I'm held accountable to my commitment. And, my daughters are eager to get the bangles I discard making them perhaps a little more tolerant of the healthy fare and impending absence of sweet treats in our home. OK, they're not that eager but I'm sure they'll be proud of my resolve... someday.
3 comments:
Sounds like a great idea, but I'm curious if it's one bangle per pound, or does a bangle represent a couple of pounds? Because I'd need like 15 bangles and that's a LOT :)
WalMart had a set of 15 - 3 are plastic & the other 12 are a thin sparkly metal -- takes up about 2 inches on my wrist... I'm getting eager to be a little less gaudy... I mean "trendy"??
I think it all sounds so fashionable! You should certainly write a book. I am sure it would make the bestseller list! I wonder if a similar plan would work for someone struggling to bring their blood pressure under control. Supposedly losing weight helps, but I actually lost weight and my bp went up. I think you should find a beautiful bracelet to "dream about" wearing when you reach your goal. I will celebrate each removal with you.
Post a Comment