Thursday, March 19, 2009

Here's to You... and Hopefully For You

As my very first entry on this site reports, I began writing this blog in part because it seemed like a fun outlet for my writing energy. Months have gone by and I enjoy writing here all the more. As the words flow somehow from my heart to the keyboard, my brain learns a little more about life and about me. Silly, huh, but I learn by writing.

I wasn't sure anyone would actually read my blog... but how fun is to see those comments from the one who introduced the idea to me and her family who is as dear to me as any! Being the curious sort that I am, I learned of a nifty tool that tells me where other people are that view this blog. It doesn't give me names... just city and state and internet provider.

Now I think about you guys... someone in Wyoming, another in Texas at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Today I saw someone from Children's Mercy Hospital. There are my husband's relatives that bless me with a look every few days. And, one of my childhood friends honors me by reading my ramblings. It's great to see when my parents take some time to see the blog. Seems that someone from my church takes a peek here and there.

Wow... to think that you actually make the time to come and "visit" me. For some, I don't know you and yet you hear my heart. I'm humbled, excited and hopeful. How I pray that somehow the time you spend on this page gives you cause to smile or somehow lightens your load. I have the comment section set to where anyone can leave a message - not just those with a blog of their own. I'd love to know who you are, how you found this sight and what your story is. In the middle of the night when I've derailed the sleep train, I spend the minutes praying for any and all that come to mind. May I pray for you?

Though I'd love to know each of you and how I can write for your heart - you've already blessed me by your "visit." You, of course, can remain anonymous if you desire. Send others this way if you think it good for them. And, thank you so very much for stopping by.

3 comments:

Greg and Jen said...

Are you using StatCounter? That's what we use and it sounds strangely familiar...... ;)
~ Jen

Inspired 2 Smile said...

Yes... it's a fun tool but leaves as many questions as it answers. I go blog hopping sometimes and think I'll leave a comment but then I don't have anything to say really. But I think it's so cool that some people pop by often and I'd love to know who they are.

Clare said...

Well, its not a big secret that I read your blog! I am just hoping that if I keep commenting some of your readers will flow over to my blog... :) Keep up the good work!