Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New Perspectives

My friend phoned me the other day. She's one of those incredible women that remains in the "best of friends" category though we rarely phone, e-mail or see each other (we live a multitude of miles apart). She excitedly reported about her discovery of blogging.

With seven children, a photography business and a house to run, I immediately declared the time simply doesn't exist in my world for journaling about my life. In my mind, I also reasoned, "who would want to read it anyway."

Yesterday, I pulled up that friend's blog just to see what she had written. It took me until this morning to piece together the spare seconds and catch up on the entries she's made since she phoned. Intrigued and perhaps a bit jealous of her new method of communicating - I found myself concocting reasons why a I should reconsider and begin a blog of my own...

My dad's on the computer frequently... maybe he'd like to read some of my thoughts. Hey, Mom... we don't get to talk as much as I'd like... maybe you'd like to read the ramblings of your daughter. In any case, it'll be a fun outlet for the thoughts I like to believe are inspired.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Dear Friend,
Welcome to the world of blogging. Of course, your blog is wonderfully decorated with pictures of your beautiful family. It is a nice place to hang out, share your thoughts and the real beauty is anytime of day works. I'll be excited to see you in the blogworld "since it just doesn't seem to be happening in real life".
Lisa

Clare said...

I have to say that I absolutely love blogging. It is a lot more fun than work, a place where I can share my thoughts with no fear of recourse (or interruptions!) I hope you find yours satisfying!

Kenz said...

WOW! You are an incredible writer! You paint a picture in my mind with the beautiful expressions you use! I love you!