Dear Bagging Service Agent (is that the politically correct title?),
Last Wednesday you bagged my groceries for me and politely asked me if I would like help out. I was sincerely grateful for your assistance in the store but felt I could manage to get my items into the car along, with my very fussy little baby boy, without further troubling you.
Upon arriving at home, my older children helped me, albeit reluctantly, transfer the grocery bags to the kitchen table. While putting away the items, I could not find the gallon of milk I had purchased. (Technically the milk was free because I fulfilled the requirements of a special promotion.) I, of course, inquired of my 10 year old and 12 year old about the missing milk and they both assured me it was NOT in the car.
So, Ma'am, I assumed that you had failed to put the milk in my cart and I was not pleased with your careless mistake. In fact, I grumbled and complained to my family more than once. Today, however, I found out that the mistake was not yours.
The milk was indeed in the car and today it became an object suitable for biological warfare. The rotten substance swelled and released a portion of itself onto the cargo net in the rear of my SUV and the carpet on the floor beneath. Without any warning or preliminary odors, this free gallon of wholesome goodness became the source of a stench not previously known to our noses. We have spent the afternoon washing, spraying, scrubbing, spraying some more - in repetitive cycles to rid our vehicle of the noxious odor and have thus far only experienced nominal success.
Thus, I feel it my moral duty to apologize to you - for you did not err. However, I do believe that it would have been a far better circumstance if you had! Next time you may keep my free milk and I will not complain.
1 comment:
Ooohhh! I had a cup of rotten milk leave a tiny portion in my car and it took FOREVER to get it out! If you have any special tricks up your sleeve for removing that most awful of smells from automotive upholstery please pass them on. It made me laugh but I am sure it wasn't so humorous to you- or your children!:)
Post a Comment