Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Old Dog Seeks New Tricks

You hear the echoes everywhere... "school's out."  Our kids rejoice in the opportunity to be set free from the institution (even if home based) that seeks to educate them... to not be subject to the requirement to grasp more knowledge and retain it.

If only our institutions could elicit the excitement that learning brings, the thrill of having new information that serves to help make sense of our world and better our perspective.  I love learning.  I'm infatuated with knowledge and wisdom.  Too short seems the time to study.

How I hope to LEARN how to make the less intriguing tasks of "school" far more exciting for my students - for that knowledge would be valuable indeed!

1 comment:

Clare said...

Sometimes I think that kids just do that because they see everyone else doing it. In their hearts I believe most kids want to learn, they just hide it really well!:)